Adding a NextGen slideshow to your WordPress template
After searching the web for quite some time I couldn't find any simple plugins to add a NextGen slide show to our WordPress site's template easily!
In order to achieve this I've added a few simple steps:
- Create your banner placeholder in the header.php or template of your choice.
- Make a note of the height you want your new banner to be. (eg. 300px).
- Create your NextGen gallery as normal and set your slide show dimensions to the height of your banner container (div).
- Make a note of the Gallery ID (you will need this later to add to your template.
- Add the images to your gallery at the exact px dimensions you want your slideshow banner to be.
- Add the following code to the template of header.php of your wordpress site.
- Replace the id value with the same number as your slideshow (as noted earlier).
- Save your file and preview.
You will now be able to add images directly into the NextGen plugin and see them rotate beautifully in your website banner.