Mackman Helps Secure Transformation Bid for St Peter’s in Sudbury
The pro-bono support Mackman has provided to St Peter’s has helped secure a £2.8 million grant from The Heritage Lottery Fund.
Since last year, the former church on Market Hill has been undergoing a transformation into a cultural venue for Sudbury, and the much-needed lottery funding grant will kickstart the fundraising for the ongoing regeneration project.
Sudbury-based Mackman provided St Peter’s with its branding and marketing services as a charitable contribution to the ongoing development of the historical landmark. The collaboration between the marketing agency and St Peter’s has seen the venue establish a strong brand identity and launch a new user-friendly website.
Paul Mackman, managing director at Mackman, said: “We are delighted that our support of St Peter’s has played an important role in helping them secure the funding they needed. We look forward to continuing to support St Peter’s as part of our ongoing contribution to the local community.”
The Heritage Lottery Funding is set to transform St Peter’s into a fully-functioning cultural venue for Sudbury seeing the welcome addition of toilet facilities, a kitchen and bar, as well as a mezzanine viewing platform.
Chair of The Friends of St Peter’s, Oliver Forder, said: “Thanks to the brand identity toolkit and website that Mackman developed for St Peter’s, we are attracting more diverse and younger audiences. I have no doubt that their support has played its part in attracting a £2.8 million grant for St Peter’s from the Heritage Lottery Fund. “
- Mackman is a full-service branding and marketing agency based in Sudbury that works with ambitious national and regional clients across a broad range of sectors.
- The company’s expertise spans marketing, branding and design, communications, digital and research.
- In 2017, Mackman donated £62,000 worth of services in pro-bono support to local charities and organisations in Sudbury and Suffolk.
- St Peter’s is a welcoming and self-sustaining venue at the heart of Sudbury, Suffolk.
- It is run entirely by volunteers and hosts a broad range of events from live music, theatre, exhibitions, fayres and festivals for the people of Sudbury and surrounding areas.
- St Peter’s is maintained and managed by registered charity (271090) The Friends of St Peter’s and national charity The Churches Conservation Trust.
- The venue recently welcomed Poet Luke Wright, fresh off his tour with John Cooper-Clarke.