Essex County Council approached Mackman to deliver a campaign to promote the importance of supporting children’s early communication at home.
Research shows that over 50% of children in the UK start school with some type of transient speech, language or communication difficulty. In areas of high deprivation that number can increase to 89%. With the right support from the adults in a child’s life, these difficulties can be reduced. With more than 80,000 children under the age of five living in Essex, this represents a significant number of children likely to experience some form of communication difficulty.
We needed to create a campaign that would:
- Build on an established countywide initiative to promote early language and communication called Talk, Listen, Cuddle (TLC). TLC promotes the three key principles of building a child’s language and communication skills.
- Encourage parents and carers to support the development of early language and communication skills in their child, right from birth.
- Encourage parents to engage with their baby at specific points of the day, for example nappy changing.
- Have a clear campaign identity to be integrated with existing web and social media channels.
- Promote participation by families with lower literacy levels or English as an additional language.
What we did
Following engagement with the delivery team within Essex County Council the development of a comprehensive brief was approved. A Mackman strategic marketing specialist then developed a campaign plan and collaborated with the creative and communications teams to deliver:
- A distinctive campaign identity that would engage the various target audiences and facilitate effective communication especially with those of lower literacy levels
- An online digital tool in the form of a web application that was designed with mobile and portable device users as a primary audience. Importantly bespoke sound files were developed and incorporated. The team at Essex County Council received training on how to use and update the web application.
- A range of printed material was created and supplied:
- Pop-up Banner
- Leaflet/wall frieze
- A bath frieze
Click here to see the live site www.tlc-essex.info/
Need help with a similar project?
If you think Mackman could help then we would love to hear from you. Please complete the form provided and a senior member of our team will get in touch.
Alternatively, you can give our team a call, on:
- 01787 388 038
Why do we need this information?
Mackman worked with specialist patent and trade mark attorneys, Sandersons, to develop their branding and progress their marketing. Find out more, here.
A responsive, user-experience led website for leading Japanese knotweed eradication specialists, TCM, that could increase brand loyalty amongst their target customers.
Brand Identity and Toolkit for St Peter's Cultural Venue in Sudbury to help secure a £2.8 million Heritage Lottery Grant to fund a significant regeneration project.