Aligning an ecommerce website with the key brand qualities of prestige, creativity and heritage for a highly esteemed jewellery designer.
“We are delighted with our new website. The team at Mackman are a pleasure to work with and made the daunting task of developing a transactional site far easier than we imagined. They listened and took time to understand our business needs, and our audience. They created a site that reflects our values, product offer and services, communicating these in the best possible way. Their professionalism in guiding us through the process made, what could have been a very stressful experience, anything but.”
Yasmin Moss, Director – Jonathan Lambert
- Jonathan needed a responsive, transactional website that appealed to, and reached, a broader audience
- After undertaking in-depth and collaborative insight workshops, we produced a site that integrated with Jonathan Lambert’s preferred software, embodies their brand identity and reached audiences seamlessly
- In the space of a month, the new site delivered a 11% return on investment and was used by 1,073 visitors
- Jonathan Lambert is an award-winning jewellery designer and retailer, based in Suffolk. Jonathan is a descendent of the Lambert family, famous Goldsmiths and Silversmiths to royalty, with a family history in jewellery that stretches back to the 1790s
- Director Yasmin Moss, previously spent 7 years working for jewellers to royalty, Garrard
- Jonathan and Yasmin collaborated on one of the first ethical collections of jewellery in the UK
Jonathan Lambert is an award-winning jewellery designer and retailer. With a family history in jewellery dating back to 1795, the team harnesses generations of experience and contemporary talent.
Alongside premium brands, they also offer their customers in-house, bespoke jewellery designed by director Yasmin Moss who spent seven years working with royal jewellers Garrard; a unique asset to a regional jeweller in Suffolk.
Almost a decade old, Jonathan Lambert’s existing website had no ecommerce functionality, was visually un-engaging and the content was difficult to manage.
The existing website limited their online growth as it didn’t offer transactions for its visitors. Therefore the site had to:
- Ensure their customer’s peace of mind buying high-value items online was a high priority
- Integrate with Jonathan Lambert’s chosen payment gateway software
They recognised that to widen their audience both by age and proximity, and to highlight their exciting range of products and services, a new responsive ecommerce website was required that incorporated Jonathan Lambert’s brand and heritage.
What we did
Our team developed a secure, responsive and engaging ecommerce site that embodies the Jonathan Lambert brand; prestige, creativity and heritage.
Typically, jewellery brands are portrayed as exclusive and luxury. From the insight we undertook with Jonathan Lambert, it was clear that they have a broad and varied consumer base. This, coupled with their objective to target a younger, more geographically diverse audience, led us to create a website which strikes a balance between aspirational luxury and the warmth that can be expected from Jonathan Lambert.
As WordPress specialists, we created their website using the WordPress content management system as we knew it would:
- Eliminate their current issues of managing the content on their site
- Seamlessly integrate ecommerce on their site with WooCommerce
- Be inherently search engine friendly
To support the new website, we also developed Jonathan Lambert’s existing brand through elegant design and lifestyle photography.
What we achieved
The responsive, ecommerce site allows users to purchase and manage the end-to-end sales process from purchase to delivery and fulfilment whilst seamlessly integrating with their back office systems and chosen ecommerce payment gateway.
Prestige, creativity and heritage
We created a responsive ecommerce website that aligns with these key brand qualities whilst also appealing to a younger audience, and developed Jonathan Lambert’s existing brand through a tone of voice; ensuring that it is synonymous with elegant design and lifestyle photography.
Our team developed an ecommerce site that communicated the company’s bespoke services and product offerings, whilst promoting the business beyond its East Anglian roots.
Within the first month of being launched, the Jonathan Lambert ecommerce website achieved:
- 1,073 visitors
- 11% ROI
- 56% Desktop sessions
- 23% Mobile sessions
- 21% Tablet sessions
“I’m really proud that the Mackman ecommerce website solution for Jonathan Lambert has enabled a fantastic Suffolk brand with heaps of heritage to connect with a broader audience.”
Paul Mackman – Managing Director, Mackman
Need help with a similar project?
If you think Mackman could help then we would love to hear from you. Please complete the form provided and a senior member of our team will get in touch.
Alternatively, you can give our team a call, on:
- 01787 388 038
Why do we need this information?
Mackman worked with specialist patent and trade mark attorneys, Sandersons, to develop their branding and progress their marketing. Find out more, here.
A responsive, user-experience led website for leading Japanese knotweed eradication specialists, TCM, that could increase brand loyalty amongst their target customers.
Brand Identity and Toolkit for St Peter's Cultural Venue in Sudbury to help secure a £2.8 million Heritage Lottery Grant to fund a significant regeneration project.