Online Fundraising & Support Platform - The Smile of Arran Trust
The Smile of Arran Trust provides support for families living through the experience of looking after a child, or young adult, suffering from a brain tumour or brain cancer. With support from charity groups such as Headsmart and CLIC Sargent, as well as donations from individuals and fundraising events, The Smile of Arran Trust offers the opportunity to apply for a grant in order to better support these children and young adults.
The Trust is named in honour of Arran Tosh, the son of the founders and trustees, who died aged 13 shortly after being diagnosed with a brain tumour. In order to increase the profile of The Trust, and therefore be able to lend more support to families in a similar situation, the team at Mackman donated their skills to The Smile of Arran in order to deliver a responsive website.
- The Smile of Arran Trust is a foundation set up in the memory of Arran Tosh, who was diagnosed with a brain tumour in 2014.
- The Trust raises funds to help children and young adults with childhood brain tumours.
- To raise the profile of the Trust, they needed a website that could provide information for potential fundraisers and support to families experiencing similar hardships.
- Arran's parents contacted Mackman to create a responsive website for The Smile of Arran Trust.
- Whether users are looking to donate, apply for a grant, become a corporate partner, find out more about how to get a Smile of Arran wristband, or host their own fundraising event, the website needed to cater for a variety of requirements.
Raising funds to fight cancer
The Smile of Arran Trust wanted a website that would serve as both a memorial to Arran, and his fundraising for Cancer Research, as well as highlighting some of the issues around brain tumours and give the opportunity to apply for grants and information for individuals wishing to donate to the cause.
It was therefore important that the website featured:
- Arran's story
- National statistics for brain tumours and brain cancer
- Information about The Smile of Arran charity wristbands
- How to apply for a grant
- How to donate to The Smile of Arran Trust
- How to fundraise for The Smile of Arran Trust
- Information about supporting charities
- A considered design that matched the existing logo
- An events section that could be updated as needed
- A fully responsive and content managed website was developed over the course of six weeks
- The new website was built using WordPress, and open source website creation tool that offers simple, but powerful content management options for end users, and features a build structure that supports responsive viewing
- WordPress training was delivered in order to allow the Smile of Arran team to add to the site over time
- Clear call to actions were strategically placed across the website to invite people to support the cause and get in touch
The experience in dealing with the Mackman Group has been inspiring. They not only elicited an understanding of what our requirement was, but through their experience of website development and marketing, they have developed a website that we are really proud of. The site not only looks great but through their training and support we are able to easily make any changes to the site as the charity develops.Steve Tosh – Trustee, The Smile of Arran