Enabling a business at the forefront of Japanese knotweed eradication to better communicate with key audiences, through a professional and responsive website.
“Working with Mackman on the development of a new website for TCM has been a real pleasure. Throughout the experience they were approachable and generous with their knowledge and time, and we felt comfortable that our business and our market was understood clearly by all the staff involved. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Mackman.”
Howard Downer – Owner/Founder, TCM
- TCM required a solution that could support the growth of the business, demonstrate a return on investment and provide supportive aftercare following the launch of a new website
- Through a process of insight we were able to develop TCM’s key customer group’s requirements, as well as how their competitor’s were behaving
- Our team were able to create a brand identity and website that delivered on TCM’s requirements, and that communicated the best of TCM’s specialist services
- Since 1995, the life cycle and patterns of Japanese knotweed have been more widely recognised and observed as an invasive weed in the United Kingdom
- As the company has grown, so has TCM’s reputation as specialists in the field of eradication. Their scientifically proven and environmentally aware solutions have cemented them at the forefront of invasive weed removal
- As a result of the team’s specialist knowledge and years of eradication solutions, TCM have been at the forefront of projects such as the Olympic Site in London
TCM are environmental consultants and specialists in the control and eradication of invasive weeds, including Japanese knotweed. Their scientifically-proven and environmentally conscious removal solutions have led them to the forefront of the invasive weed eradication industry.
Since inception, TCM have worked across the UK and Republic of Ireland on large-scale projects such as the Olympic Site in London and The Eden Project in Cornwall, as well as smaller-scale residential projects for homeowners.
TCM are fully backed by an A+ rated Insurance Backed Guarantee (IBG) from Lloyds, which ensures their customer’s are covered for a broad range of extenuating circumstances, and offer guidance on invasive weeds to all that seek it through ‘Dr Knotweed’; online specialist and founder of TCM, Howard Downer.
After working with a number of low end providers, TCM were seeking a proactive, professional partnership to support their digital growth.
They required a solution that had the growth of the business in mind, and that could demonstrate a return on investment. The partnership needed to provide a high level of care and support following the launch of a new website.
At Mackman, we needed to work collaboratively with the TCM team to identify:
- Key customer groups, including their behaviours and requirements such as scale, budget etc.
- The key customer group’s journeys from discovering their invasive weed problem right through to project completion/eradication
- Touchpoints within the customer’s journeys that TCM could anticipate as a communication opportunity
What we did
In collaboration with the TCM team, we were able to gain valuable insight into how their key customer groups and competitors were behaving.
This insight enabled us to identify opportunities for TCM to communicate better with customers their professional and forward-thinking values.
By better understanding who exactly we needed to communicate with during this phase of the project, we were able to develop effective content, imagery and website structures, and establish the following functions for the TCM brand:
- Broadcast reputable, efficient and forward-thinking company values
- A comprehensive understanding of customer requirements
- Ensure effective communication with customers throughout the process of identifying and removing an invasive weed
- Use Dr Knotweed (especially via social media) as a reassuring brand attribute
Driven by the above brand functions, we developed a highly responsive website and aligned brand identity that were spearheaded by customer insights and user experience best practice.
What we achieved
A highly responsive and professional website redesign
We developed a highly responsive and professional website redesign that guides users seamlessly through their individual journeys.
Improved and effective communication with key customer groups
Since the development of the new website, TCM are able to effectively engage with customers across different touch-points within their journey.
Stronger brand identifiers applied across the website
Through a developed brand identity, we were able to implement brand identifiers across the TCM website that could resonate with customers.
- Colour Palette; a collection of colours synonymous with the TCM brand
- Icon Library; a collection of icons that complement TCM’s unique selling points, and communicate the process of removal
- Typeface; allocation of a typeface that can be used on the website and adopted for use by the TCM team
“The Mackman team worked very hard to ensure the development of the website was led by user-experience, which means the new TCM website is a highly responsive platform for the business that will enable them to reach customers much more effectively.”
Bruce Burgoyne – Creative Director, Mackman
Need help with a similar project?
If you think Mackman could help then we would love to hear from you. Please complete the form provided and a senior member of our team will get in touch.
Alternatively, you can give our team a call, on:
- 01787 388 038
Why do we need this information?
A branding and website project to better communicate the service offering of a leading steam and hot water system specialist.
Following the initial benchmark NPS calculated in 2018, Herts FullStop commissioned Mackman Research to calculate a second customer NPS in 2019.
Mackman conducted customer research for leading flue suppliers, Specflue, to help move their brand forward in an evolving marketplace. Find out more, here.