How to rebrand a small business.
“After being recommended to Mackman and speaking to Paul Mackman about how they could assist us in presenting a better brand identity and a fresh looking website, we jumped into the unknown. Mackman were always at the end of the phone to explain things and to email written help, which was invaluable. We are pleased that we engaged a local, knowledgeable agency that could understand our specialist sector. Thank you for all your patience, we are very pleased with the final website and brand identity.”
Paul Osborn – Owner/Director, Optimise Heat & Steam Ltd.
- Optimise Heat & Steam are specialists in steam and hot water systems, and experts in the installation and maintenance of brewery equipment.
- The business was established in 2010 and their client list includes Greene King and Kegstar.
- Optimise are based in Risby, Bury St Edmunds and provide their services to organisations across the UK
- Optimise Heat & Steam had a website and brand that were disjointed from their service offering.
- Mackman used the existing brand identity to rebrand in a way that remained sympathetic to the brand’s heritage.
- The new website is highly optimised and the rebranding will support the progression of the business and brand.
Optimise Heat & Steam are specialists in steam and hot water systems, and experts in the installation and maintenance of brewery equipment.
The business was established in 2010, providing a wide range of services relating to the design, installation, maintenance and repair of industrial and commercial heat and steam boilers and gas pipework to organisations across the UK.
As well as being heat and steam engineers, Optimise also function as Optimise Brewery Services, supplying a range of services to clients locally and nationally. Being based in Risby, just outside of Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk, allows the business to reach a range of sectors across East Anglia, the Midlands and London. Their list of clients include the UK’s leading pub retailer and brewer Greene King and global brand Kegstar; who provide beverage container solutions to businesses globally.
The team at Optimise identified that a new partnership was required that could support business growth and enhance their digital presence.
Both the website and branding were disjointed from the Optimise Heat & Steam service offering, and there were two websites that separated the two key areas of the business.
We had identified issues related to the performance and internal management of both websites, so the team needed an agency to support and train the in-house team to manage the website, as well as support the introduction of digital and marketing best practice into the business.
Based on initial discussions and an investigation of the current online performance of the two Optimise websites, we had identified that there was no search benefit in the split being made.
We implemented a consolidation of both the main Optimise Heat & Steam site and the Brewery Services website into a single site domain. With a single site, content is now managed from an admin area that allows the Optimise team to tailor the content and user experience for each page and post – so their website, business and brand can grow together
Because Optimise Heat & Steam had an existing brand identity, our team recognised the need to progress this whilst remaining sympathetic to their brand’s heritage. We therefore recommended the following in order to re-align the identity scheme:
- a strong and confident refresh of the logo,
- a colour palette and library of icons to support brand consistency, and
- the creation of a brand identity toolkit and application of branding across all material.
We also recommended the following activities to support the business’s growth, including:
- identity refinement and application to support the roll-out of the refreshed identity,
- key phrase research to identify SEO opportunities to help attract new prospective clients,
- implementation of both the identity refinement and the key phrase recommendations into the website, and
- training sessions and document creation to allow the Optimise team to manage the website and brand assets.
These activities provided focus for the website build, helped to guide content requirements and aided the creation of key messaging. The result is a highly optimised website and refreshed brand identity for Optimise Heat & Steam that will support the progression of the business and brand.
What we think
“This project has given Optimise Heat & Steam a clean and professional brand identity and toolkit that really communicate the specialist knowledge of their team, and delivered a website that is optimised for user experience and search engines. We look forward to seeing how the Optimise business and brand continues to grow.”
Paul Mackman – Managing Director, Mackman
Need help with a similar project?
If you think Mackman could help then we would love to hear from you. Please complete the form provided and a senior member of our team will get in touch.
Alternatively, you can give our team a call, on:
- 01787 388 038
Why do we need this information?
A branding and website project to better communicate the service offering of a leading steam and hot water system specialist.
Following the initial benchmark NPS calculated in 2018, Herts FullStop commissioned Mackman Research to calculate a second customer NPS in 2019.
Mackman conducted customer research for leading flue suppliers, Specflue, to help move their brand forward in an evolving marketplace. Find out more, here.