Mackman Research was commissioned by a multinational energy company to conduct an employee survey for two North Sea production units and their regional office. The survey included all employing companies and provided in-depth insight into employee satisfaction, engagement, and motivation.
“The standard of work the team at Mackman have produced has gone above and beyond our expectations. We have been impressed with how smoothly the project has been carried out. The final report and presentation were excellently delivered, and the in-depth findings will be invaluable to our decision-making for future business strategies.” Production Unit Manager
192 employees took part in the survey
Confidence level of 95% achieved with a confidence interval of +/-4.6%
A comprehensive report included key findings and verbatim
- The multinational energy company owns assets based in the North Sea.
- UK assets include two offshore platforms and a regional office.
- The multinational energy company employs, or directly manages, about 1,000 people across these UK assets.
- Employees were randomly selected as part of a stratified sample which considered employing companies and the total employee population across three locations.
- A mixture of questions and opportunities to comment on ratings allowed for in-depth analysis.
- Anonymity of results was kept as a priority when writing up the findings report.
- 192 employees completed the survey. They were split by employing company, seniority, length of employment with the company, and which production unit or office they were located in.
- The results have a confidence level of 95% with an interval of +/-4.6%.
- Key findings were presented in a detailed report which included extensive verbatim.
The multinational energy company owns assets which are based in the North Sea. The UK-based assets include two offshore platforms and a regional office.
The company employs about 1,000 people across the three locations as direct employees and contracted staff in a variety of roles.
Mackman Research was commissioned to conduct an employee survey on behalf of the multinational energy company. The research had to consider all employees across the two North Sea assets and office, which included contractors.
The study aimed to gain comprehensive insight into employee satisfaction, engagement, and motivation which will aid the multinational energy company with establishing strengths and weaknesses to implement a thorough internal strategy for change and motivation among the workforce.
Key areas which the survey highlighted were:
- Details of employees’ satisfaction with their job role
- Employees’ engagement with their team
- Employees’ perceptions of team leadership and management
- Employees’ engagement with the organisation and its values
Employees were randomly selected via a stratified sampling method which considered the total employee population for both offshore platforms and regional office. The sample aimed to be representative of the key employing companies and the total target number of surveys was 249.
The careful selection process was explained to employees who were informed about the anonymity of their survey data.
Mackman Research received calls from employees from the platforms to complete the telephone interview which lasted between 15 minutes and 1 hour. Those in the office scheduled a time using an online calendar and Mackman called employees at their selected time.
There was a mixture of questions which included ratings from 1 to 5, ratings from 1 to 10, and open-ended questions.
A total of 192 employees completed the survey and the results were split by platform/office and employing company. For verbatim, results were further grouped by either seniority or how long the employee had worked with the company.
The key findings were produced in a detailed report which delivered insight into the satisfaction, motivation, and engagement of employees. Verbatim showed the reasons behind ratings from employees to provide an in-depth account.
What we think
“We have enjoyed collaborating with our clients on this substantial project. Mackman Research are confident the findings will assist the multinational energy company in shaping appropriate adjustments to their team engagement strategies. Finding out what employees think is essential to helping increase job satisfaction levels and, therefore, an organisation’s production and progress.”
Gemma Mackman, Research Director
Need help with a similar project?
If you think Mackman could help then we would love to hear from you. Please complete the form provided and a senior member of our team will get in touch.
Alternatively, you can give our team a call, on:
- 01787 388 038
Why do we need this information?
Mackman Research was commissioned by a multinational energy company to conduct an Employee Survey which provided insight into satisfaction, motivation, and engagement.
Mackman Research was commissioned by EEEGR to conduct a Member Survey which provided insight into the organisation's relationship with its members.
A branding and website project to better communicate the service offering of a leading steam and hot water system specialist.