Having previously worked with Herts FullStop, Mackman Research were approached in 2018 to conduct a survey in order to calculate their Net Promoter Score (NPS).
In 2019 Mackman Research conducted the same research to calculate a new NPS which could be compared to the benchmark set of results gathered in 2018.
“Herts Fullstop engaged Mackman Research for a second year to conduct an NPS survey. We are a public sector local authority trading company who use the NPS measurement to help us understand our customers’ level of loyalty, year on year against company performance and goals. We have found Mackman Research friendly, helpful and they have always kept us informed with regular project updates. This year they surpassed our expectations by exceeding the target number of responses. They have always been willing to help and will adapt the scope of your research to fit the project budget, if required, whilst still maintaining robust results. We strongly recommend Mackman Research and Herts Fullstop look forward to working with them again in the future.” – Simon Smith, Head of Marketing & Sales
Confidence level of 95% achieved
Confidence interval of +/-7%
55% increase on target number of responses in 2019
- Herts FullStop is an educational supplies company, considered a ‘one stop shop’ for educational purchasing needs. They supply everything from stationary and furniture, to arts & crafts and classroom resources.
- The public sector local authority trading company are always adding new items to their range and their friendly customer service team is available to offer advice and assistance with any questions or queries about any purchasing decisions.
- Herts FullStop is based in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire and many of their customers are based in Hertfordshire and the surrounding counties.
- The research was commissioned by Herts FullStop to collect data and calculate the customer NPS benchmark and subsequent comparison NPS.
- Mackman Research used the Net Promoter Score (NPS) metric; asking customers one key question to gauge whether they would recommend Herts FullStop to a friend or colleague.
- Customers were invited by email to participate and telephone calls were also conducted to increase the participation rate.
- Across the two surveys, 254 customers took part. They were split into those located in Hertfordshire and those outside of Hertfordshire.
- The NPS increased +3 between 2018 and 2019.
- The two Net Promoter Scores enable Herts FullStop to gauge their customer’s level of loyalty and measures how their customers’ perception has changed over the year.
Herts FullStop is an educational supplies company based in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire. The company has over 60 years of experience in supplying goods and services to educational establishments. Their catalogue service has over 18,500 products which are delivered to customers around the UK.
As well as educational establishments, Herts FullStop also supplies other non-profit making groups such as charities, the NHS, local authorities and childminder groups.
They have a great range of products with excellent quality and provide a friendly service, all at superb value.
Following the initial benchmark NPS calculated in 2018, Herts FullStop commissioned Mackman Research to calculate a second customer NPS in 2019.
All NPS studies are based on a single question and the final score provides a clear and simple result that shows whether customers are satisfied with the overall service of Herts FullStop and helps to identify whether the company needs to conduct further customer insight to improve their products or services.
In collaboration with Herts FullStop, Mackman asked whether customers would recommend the company to a friend or colleague and used their answers to calculate the NPS.
Customers were invited by email to take part in the survey, and two follow-up reminders were sent via email. Initially there was a low response rate to the email invitation, so telephone calls were used to reach contacts directly and increase the participation rate.
The NPS is an index that ranges from -100 to +100 and measures the willingness of customers to recommend the company’s products or services to others. Based on the 1 to 10 rating that customers provided, they were classified into one of three categories: Detractors, Passives, and Promoters.
During the two-week data collection period at the start of 2018, 99 customers completed the questionnaire, including 47 Hertfordshire participants and 52 outside Hertfordshire participants. In 2019, these numbers increased to 155 participants, 79 from Hertfordshire and 76 from outside Hertfordshire.
The customer NPS increased +3 between 2018 and 2019. Interestingly, in 2019 the NPS trend differed between the two customer types.
What we think
“Having a good grasp of what your customers feel about your company brand is extremely important, so we were delighted to work with Herts Fullstop for another year, and to help the company measure their Net Promotor Score against the benchmark which was originally achieved and set in 2018. The NPS acts as a simple standard, which Herts Fullstop will use to help improve their customer’s experience. We are looking forward to working with them again.”
Amanda Ansell – Insight Manager, Mackman
Need help with a similar project?
If you think Mackman could help then we would love to hear from you. Please complete the form provided and a senior member of our team will get in touch.
Alternatively, you can give our team a call, on:
- 01787 388 038
Why do we need this information?
Mackman Research was commissioned by a multinational energy company to conduct an Employee Survey which provided insight into satisfaction, motivation, and engagement.
Mackman Research was commissioned by EEEGR to conduct a Member Survey which provided insight into the organisation's relationship with its members.
A branding and website project to better communicate the service offering of a leading steam and hot water system specialist.