Annual Net Promoter Score Survey - Herts Fullstop
Herts FullStop is an educational supplies company based in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire. The company has over 60 years of experience in supplying goods and services to educational establishments. Their catalogue service has over 18,500 products which are delivered to customers around the UK.
Having previously worked with Herts FullStop, Mackman Research were approached in 2018 to conduct a survey in order to calculate their Net Promoter Score (NPS). In 2019 Mackman Research conducted the same research to calculate a new NPS which could be compared to the benchmark set of results gathered in 2018.
Academic & Education
- Herts FullStop is an educational supplies company, considered a ‘one stop shop’ for educational purchasing needs. They supply everything from stationary and furniture, to arts & crafts and classroom resources.
- The public sector local authority trading company are always adding new items to their range and their friendly customer service team is available to offer advice and assistance with any questions or queries about any purchasing decisions.
- Herts FullStop is based in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire and many of their customers are based in Hertfordshire and the surrounding counties.
- The research was commissioned by Herts FullStop to collect data and calculate the customer NPS benchmark and subsequent comparison NPS.
- Mackman Research used the Net Promoter Score (NPS) metric, asking customers one key question to gauge whether they would recommend Herts FullStop to a friend or colleague.
- Customers were invited by email to participate and telephone calls were also conducted to increase the participation rate.
Ensuring children have tools for success
As well as educational establishments, Herts FullStop also supplies other non-profit making groups such as charities, the NHS, local authorities and childminder groups. They have a great range of products with excellent quality and provide a friendly service, all at superb value.
In collaboration with Herts FullStop, Mackman asked whether customers would recommend the company to a friend or colleague and used their answers to calculate the NPS.
Customers were invited by email to take part in the survey, and two follow-up reminders were sent via email. Initially there was a low response rate to the email invitation, so telephone calls were used to reach contacts directly and increase the participation rate.
During the two-week data collection period at the start of 2018, 99 customers completed the questionnaire, including 47 Hertfordshire participants and 52 outside Hertfordshire participants. In 2019, these numbers increased to 155 participants, 79 from Hertfordshire and 76 from outside Hertfordshire.
The customer NPS increased +3 between 2018 and 2019. Interestingly, in 2019 the NPS trend differed between the two customer types.
- Confidence level of 95% achieved
- Confidence interval of +/-7%
- 55% increase on target number of responses in 2019
- Across the two surveys, 254 customers took part. They were split into those located in Hertfordshire and those outside of Hertfordshire.
- The NPS increased +3 between 2018 and 2019.
Herts Fullstop engaged Mackman Research for a second year to conduct an NPS survey. We are a public sector local authority trading company who use the NPS measurement to help us understand our customers’ level of loyalty, year on year against company performance and goals. We have found Mackman Research friendly, helpful and they have always kept us informed with regular project updates. This year they surpassed our expectations by exceeding the target number of responses. They have always been willing to help and will adapt the scope of your research to fit the project budget, if required, whilst still maintaining robust results. We strongly recommend Mackman Research and Herts Fullstop look forward to working with them again in the future.Simon Smith, Head of Marketing & Sales - Herts Fullstop
Having a good grasp of what your customers feel about your company brand is extremely important, so we were delighted to work with Herts Fullstop for another year, and to help the company measure their Net Promotor Score against the benchmark which was originally achieved and set in 2018. The NPS acts as a simple standard, which Herts Fullstop will use to help improve their customer’s experience. We are looking forward to working with them again.Amanda Ansell, Insight Manager - Mackman