Full Service Brand Development - Llevelo Garden Design
Penelope Walker is a highly experienced garden designer with a keen eye for understanding her clients' style and needs, and delivering a bespoke garden to match. She approached Mackman in 2019 having made a start on her website using Wix. However, she described in her brief that she found it difficult keeping the website up-to-date, and she wanted to move the business away from her own name and show potential clients how working with a garden designer can enhance not only the end result but also the process of a garden design and build.
At Mackman, we regularly undertake website design and build projects with a strong grounding of insight into target audiences. This project presented an opportunity to work with a talented garden designer whose craft lent itself to visual presentation, a natural palette, and clean design. We delivered a website that showed the portfolio of her services and demonstrated Penelope's expertise.
- Llevelo Garden Design, formerly PKW Garden Design, is a garden design company that produces bespoke plans to suit any outdoor space.
- The business had been trading for two years when owner and founder Penelope Walker approached Mackman for marketing support.
- The key challenge was to produce a distinctive brand identity along with professional photography to showcase Penelope's extensive portfolio to prospective clients.
- Penelope approached Mackman to work with her on a branding and website project that would help drive business and promote her previous work.
- Mackman collaborated with Penelope through a series of insight sessions to shape the tone and audience for her website's content, and our technical team created a website solution that demonstrated her process from start to finish.
Personal designs, professionally delivered
One of the unique challenges facing Llevelo Garden Design was that the process of garden design, and the industry as a whole, is highly visual. This meant that being a relatively new business with two years trading, Penelope only had limited photographs of completed gardens as they had not reached a level of maturity to give them a 'wow' factor. Her website therefore had to include appropriate stock imagery in the short term to be replaced with imagery from her own projects, professionally taken by our in-house photographer and Creative Director, Bruce.
Demonstrating clever design in outdoor spaces
The brand identity transformation from PKW Garden Design to Llevelo Garden Design was not purely visual. Through a series of insight workshops, we worked closely with Penelope to understand her particular niche and the requirements of her clients when they approach her for a garden project. Penelope's initial brief was to provide a website that would her achieve 'a professional look with good imagery', and this is where our insight sessions established the foundations for messaging and content strategy.
Understanding the business: Key Phrase Research and insight
Our thorough investigation of key search phrases and research into the path to purchase led to the production of a refreshed brand toolkit. We created a website solution that housed a portfolio in addition to an 'Inspiration' blog, identified during the insight phase as important to potential clients.
tools for success: Training and brandbag output
The website handover included training to give Penelope the skills and confidence to update and content manage her own website. Professional photography supported the look and feel of the website, providing Penelope with a modern, youthful online platform that complemented her beautiful garden designs.
The finished project included:
- Audience segmentation
- Key phrase research
- Content strategy
- Identity toolkit, including a new colour scheme, font recommendation and various logo variants for use on the website and other marketing material
- Website and training
- Professional photography and editing
- Google My Business listing support